London Taxis International TX4 Project Kahn Last Of The Line (The Last)
|London Taxis International
|Right Hand Drive
Project Kahn Specification
- VM Motori 2499cc four cylinder diesel with power upgrade
- Privacy VIP glass
- Colour-coded Contrast wheels
- Shadow Chrome Headlamps
- Two tone Rolls Royce paint
- Floor Mats (Toughened Rubber)
- Last of Line Branding
- Leathered steering wheel
- Last of Line door sills
- Colour-coded seat belts
- Piano black instrument surround
- Thick quilted leather seats
- VIP roof LED Interior star lighting
- Interior Chelsea Truck Co. Identification Plate
- Interior Investing in British Industry Badge
- Heated Front Seats
- Vented Foot Pedals in Machined Aluminium
- Door Entry Sill Plates in Stainless Steel
- Centre Glove Box Re-Upholstered in Quilted & Perforated Leather
- Door Armrests Re-Upholstered in Quilted & Perforated Leather
- Original Front & Rear Seat Covers in Quilted & Perforated Leather
- Armrests in Quilted Leather
- Centre Glovebox in 3D Quilted Leather
- Front and Rear Seats in Quilted Leather
The above Project Kahn Conversion has a value of £39,999
- 5-Speed Automatic Transmission
- Electric Wing Mirrors
- Central Locking
- Electric Windows
- Bluetooth Connectivity
- Dual Zone Climate Control
The London Taxi Company (LTC) recently announced that it would be ending production of its diesel TX4 cabs with a run-out edition of 300 Limited Edition taxis and was looking to commission a designer to create 5 only of the ultra exclusive vehicles.
The LTC can now announce that it has commissioned renowned British automotive designer Afzal Kahn to create this limited run of 5 only luxury Last of Line black cabs, as a collector’s edition of this iconic vehicle.
The LTC decided to award the commission to Afzal Kahn having been impressed by his significant achievements in the industry.
An LTC spokesperson said: “There was only one person for the job. Afzal Kahn is famous for his original designs and willingness to push the boundaries and we admire his ability to capture the essence of a vehicles’ character. We believe he is the best designer to give this iconic vehicle the send off it deserves.”
These ‘Last of Line’ models will be a reimagining of the TX4; designed with a super luxurious finish and understated design features selected by each owner, production could be limited to as few as five vehicles.
Adorning a bespoke rooftop light-box, and other elegant design touches, such as heritage inspired paintwork and luxurious leather the ‘Last of Line’ aims utilise classic design cues to surpass luxury limousines as the ultimate way to travel.
Each vehicle will be truly unique and will be badged ‘one of one’. As the very last TX4s ever made, they are expected to become a hugely desirable - and valuable - collector’s item.
Afzal Kahn said: “While it is sad to see a beautiful, iconic vehicle reach the end of its life, it is a great honour to be given the opportunity to refine and celebrate what is truly one of the most famous cars in the world. I look forward to embarking on a journey with a select few clients who wish to possess their own piece of British history.”